Configuring UK keyboard and xterm in Cygwin/Xfree86

Hi,

I've installed Cygwin/Xfree86 successfully along with xfce. I have two main
issues, that I can't find simple resolutions for:

1. My keyboard acts as a US keyboard - I would like to change it to a UK
keyboard. Do I just use xmodmap, or is there a better way?

2. My xterm sessions don't close properly and I have to kill them with 'kill
-9'. This is particularly annoying as it appears that xterm is hardcoded as
the terminal emulator in xfce. I could put a symbolic link to mxterm in my
path, but could this cause any problems? Also, the mxterm menus (accessed
with control-left/right/middle-click) don't behave very well - I need to
release control for the left-click menu and release control then left-click
(while holding down right-click) for the middle button menu. The
right-button menu doesn't seem to work properly at all - I seem to be able
to toggle each font independently. Searching for mxterm on Google brings up
a selection of links but no obvious central repository for mxterm code, so
I'm not even sure _which_mxterm I have (I got it from
http://sunsite.org.uk/Mirrors/sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/xfree/contrib
/). I'm researching the mxterm quandry, but I'm happy to get a working xterm
anyhow.

I don't have any experience of compiling for cygwin, but I'm happy to give
it a go if necessary.

Thanks,

Roger

Roger Broadbent                      Wilco International Ltd
Technical Consultant                 One America Square
Tel: +44 (20) 7418 4500              17 Crosswall, London EC3N 2LB
e mail: RBroadbent@wilco-int.com     Fax: +44 (20) 7418 4504
Mobile: +44 (7770) 437070            Direct: +44 (20) 7551 3455

This message is confidential and may also be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately.  You should not copy it or use it for any purpose, not disclose its contents to any other person.  The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the author's own and may not reflect the views and opinions of Wilco International