RE: AW: keyboard behaviour with cygwin/xfree86

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> I just digged through the xkb code and found that xkbcomp produces buggy
> output and X itself trusts it and crashes. Could someone please verify this.
>
> (you need /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XKeysymDB and complete /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb)
> Start the xserver
> run setxkbmap -display 127.0.0.1:0.0 de
>
> the Xserver will crash with Status Access Violation. This seems to be a task
> for the core Xfree developers since they're using pointers without makeing
> sure the pointers are not NULL. (xkb/xkbUtils xkbUpdateDescActions())
>
> Apart from this xmodmap seems to write the keymaps in a wrong format.
>
> I also tried using a xkb-map compiled on my linux box and this one worked as
> expected.

a newly compiled, fresh cvs update made it possible to change the keymap
using xkb.

Can someone please verify, that it works for other users too. It would make
it possible to remove the need for external modmaps since eg. setxkbmap de
would change the keyboard to german.

bye
    ago
--