This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: /usr/X11R6/bin/libz.dll vs. /usr/bin/cygz.dll
- To: Harold Hunt <huntharo at msu dot edu>
- Subject: RE: /usr/X11R6/bin/libz.dll vs. /usr/bin/cygz.dll
- From: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Date: 27 Jul 2001 17:57:47 +1000
- Cc: cygx <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- References: <NHEELHJHHFKPMAEAFMFCKECHCIAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 27 Jul 2001 02:48:49 -0400, Harold Hunt wrote:
> > Ermmmm....it looks like libz.dll has crept back into the cygwin-xfree
> > builds. Was this deliberate (if so, why? didn't we hash this out a
> > while back?) or was it an oversight?
> Well, here is what we have in our platform configuration file,
> #define HasZlib YES
> #define GzipLibrary -lz.dll
would find cygz.dll, but I suspect that -lz.dll will only find libz.dll,
not cygz.dll. I didn't do the linker work though - I may have faulty
> At least, that's the current version in CVS. Those flags should indicate
> that we are using the Cygwin zlib, rather than the XFree86 zlib. Perhaps
> Suhaib's tree is out of date.
> What have you got in that file Suhaib?