This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 41
- To: "cygx" <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 41
- From: "Harold Hunt" <huntharo at msu dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:47:40 -0400
I just posted Test 41 to the server development page:
Server Test Series binary and source code releases are now
available via the sources.redhat.com ftp mirror network
(http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html) in the
pub/cygwin/xfree/devel/shadow/ directory. You may wish to note the
desired filename in the links below, then download from your
closest mirror (http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html).
Server binary, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/XWin-Test41.exe.bz2 (1052 KB)
Server source, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/xwin-20010726-1608.tar.bz2 (68 KB)
1) Abstract the GDI PseudoColor handling into a set of functions for
2) Add support for PseudoColor visuals when using DirectDraw engines
in fullscreen 8 bit color modes. Support may never be added for using
PseudoColor visuals with DirectDraw engines in windowed mode, as the
DirectDrawPalette object has the first ten and the last ten colors
reserved in windowed mode. Thus, adding PseudoColor support for
windowed DirectDraw modes would be rather difficult.
3) Fall back on StaticColor if running a DirectDraw engine in
4) Turn off WIN_LAYER_SUPPORT for now, as it was causing the server to
crash on exit when running in 8 bit color modes.
5) Remove the WIN_PSEUDO_SUPPORT build flag; it is no longer used
because the PseudoColor support is stable.