RE: xinit working (no more startxwin.bat)

> huh?  I am not sure what are you doing?

I'm sharing the solution I found to a problem I was having. My problem
was twofold:

1) startxwin.bat wasn't working because the 'start xterm' and 'start
twm' commands are executed before the 'Xwin' process has had a chance to
fully start the server. The startxwin.bat should, in theory, wait until
the X server is running before proceeding to start any clients, but of
course there's no way to do this effectively with cmd.exe. This is
precisely what xinit is supposed to do.

2) xinit wasn't starting the server correctly on my system due to the
error I posted.

So I posted a workaround just in case anyone else was having that
problem. Maybe if you'd read my post instead of just biting my head off,
you might have the answer to your question above.

Ouch.

Piers.