Status of Pseudocolor work?

Hi,

I've been following the cygwin-xfree development and
can't say THANK YOU enough to Harold, Suhaib, and
company.  Not only have I gotten a free X-server
out of the deal but following the mailing list has
been quite a learning experience.  I'm not a gui
programmer (only a lowly sysadmin :)  so the
explanations about GDI, shadow framebuffers, etc,
and how they apply to making X work on win32 have
been really informative / educational.

I have seen mails flying around about Pseudocolor
support.  Harold, you mentioned something about
the Pseudocolor emulation (ie. 8 bit onto 16,24,32
bit) not working properly until something called
the RandR extension was finished???  Would you mind
explaining what this?  Just a curious user. :)

Many Thanks Again!

Jared

Jared P. Bostic
Oklahoma Climatological Survey Operations Center
Email:	jpbostic@operations.ocs.ou.edu