This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
AW: Grace causes fatal error on X server
- To: cygwin-xfree <cygwin-xfree at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: AW: Grace causes fatal error on X server
- From: Volker Quetschke <quetschke at mpq dot mpg dot de>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:43:29 +0200
- Cc: Volker Quetschke <quetschke at scytek dot de>
>Problem with Grace is that they are SIMPLY VIOLATING CYGWIN GNU license
>since years, as far as I know.
>They include Cygwin1.dll, and they also include bunch of X11 DLLs in their
>archives without providing Cygwin1.dll sources.
Ok, but I am using grace on a Sun Sparc Ultra, and I checked that there are
other cygwin.dll on the system.
>I am using Grace 5.1.2 on a Sun Sparc, SunOS 5.8
>I am using an out of the box cygwin, installed yesterday (4.7.2001)
>form the net.
>And Xwin was also installed yesterday following the new Cygwin/XFree86
>(then) I installed the XWin-Test39.exe, but this XWin also crashes and
>produces the following XWin.exe.stackdump: (skipped)
Volker Quetschke (firstname.lastname@example.org)