This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: "unable to open display" in 7/2 build
- To: "'Alan Hourihane'" <alanh at fairlite dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Subject: RE: "unable to open display" in 7/2 build
- From: Suhaib Siddiqi <ssiddiqi at inspirepharm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 14:44:42 -0400
- Cc: "'cygwin-xfree at xfree dot cygwin dot com'" <cygwin-xfree at xfree dot cygwin dot com>
I just did.
What he needs to do
In startxwin.sh script add the following as the first line
From: Alan Hourihane [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 2:43 PM
To: Suhaib Siddiqi
Subject: Re: "unable to open display" in 7/2 build
How about going to the list archives Suhaib.
On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 02:39:28PM -0400, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
> Can you post error again. I deleted your previous mail
> -----Original Message-----
> From: James E. LaBarre [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 2:38 PM
> To: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
> Subject: Re: "unable to open display" in 7/2 build
> OK, just tried that, and it only eliminated the first 2 or so lines.
> Everything from "ddxProcessArgument" onwards still appears.
> Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
> > You are using startxwin.sh? right?
> > Comment out ssh-eval line with # sign. Something is wrong with your ssh
> > installation or it is not installed at all.