Re: XDMCP no valid address

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Ronny Buchmann wrote:

> * Alexander Gottwald <alexander.gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> [2001-07-04 14:54] schrieb:
> > On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Ronny Buchmann wrote:
> >
> > > InitConnectionLimits: MaxClients = 31
> > > _XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
> > > Xserver: DefineSelf(): ifname = lo, addr = 127.0.0.1
> >
> > This is the problem. The cygwin layer returns only the loopback device.
> >
> > > get_xdmcp_sock: binding xdmcp socket to addr 15.1.0.71:0
[...]
> > > Fatal server error:
> > > XDMCP fatal error: Session declined No valid address
> >
> > If someone can give me a testcase (eg. install nt, tweak something and it
> > will fail) then I can look into it. But since all systems I can access either
> > don't show this error or are not debuggable (486 and few memory) I can't
> > check it.
> >
> > You might try reinstalling the network drivers. This might help :)
> i cant, it's my companies pc, and i'm only a user here (hehe, the bad one, who installs things himself ;) )
>
> i could set up a tunnel to my home machine, so you could ssh to it
> would that help you?

Not really. First because of legal issues. I might be sued for breaking into
the computer. Second I would have to work with console gdb since X over modem
dialup is not very usable.

I'm busy for the next month but maybe I'll find some time to get into the
problem. My brothers computer show the same error but it's very slow and
It's pain to debug on it.

So I ask again, If someone can give me a hint how I can bring a win9x or
win2k installation to show the error, It would help me a lot since I could
setup a VMWare for testing.

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017