RE: Can't start X

Hi Suhaib

> Hi all,
>
> Using cygwin 1.3.2 with last Cygwin/Xfree binary distribution, I can't

> start X server.
> startxwin.sh gives :
> Fatal Server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'
>
> Where can'I search informations to understand?

>You do not have required fonts installed.  Please refer to latest
>User's Guide at http://xfree86.cygwin.com and reinstall XFree86 as it
>describe.

Sorry, but I d'ont see anything related with special action with fonts
in user's guide.
During download, I had troubles on Xfnts.tgz. I redownload it and verify

md5.sum file. Now, every thing is ok with that.

Do I need to install DirectX (I'm on NT 4.0)? Then, whitch version and
where can I get it?

Thanks

Luc