Re: default terminal (was: Re: "can't create master tty" errors)

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 12:45:34PM +0100, Andy Koppe wrote:
>On 1 June 2010 09:20, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>>Classy, indeed.  ??I mean to go back and see if there was a response to
>>>my response.  ??I guess that was it.
>>
>>Any chance to find a copy of the blog via the google memory?  ??What
>>was the name of the blog and where was it?
>
>"It's Time for Cygwin to Close Shop", at
>http://hokietux.net/blog/?p=152.  Still appears on Google, but the
>cached copy there doesn't work.  I found it in my browser's cache
>though.  Says it's under a Creative Commons license, so attaching it
>here is fine I hope.

I couldn't find it either.  I don't think I've often seen a situation
where google incorrectly claims there is a cached copy.

IIRC, the gist of the argument was that since virtual machines work so
well, there is no longer a need for Cygwin.  Oh, and a lot of Cygwin's
packages like ssh and vim are buggier than their Windows alternatives.

Were you going to attach it Andy?

cgf