This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: multiple cygwin installs
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:48:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: multiple cygwin installs
- References: <84952F09F3FC0C418393E60D116EB9CC181625@Traf-Mail.int.ascribe.com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Phil Betts wrote:
> But presumably the numpties who think they have to eliminate all
> variables from their product's installation will eventually insist
> on bundling their favoured VM. And even then, there are questions
> about hardware, network topology etc...
This reminds me of the old software line about "There's nothing that
can't be solved by adding another layer of indirection" and the snarky
retort of "Performance is the one problem that can't be solved by adding
another layer of indirection."