This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: The /r error message while running a script?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:02:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: The /r error message while running a script?
- References: <email@example.com> <4609BA96.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 06:45:10PM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
>According to Kevin Markle on 3/27/2007 2:29 PM:
>> touch: cannot touch `/cygdrive/e/wsus/wsus_update_report.out\r': No such
>> file or directory
>> ./patch.sh: line 11: $'\r': command not found
>I like this new look, if I must say so myself! No more overwriting the
>line and starting the error message with just a :. Hopefully it clues
>more people in to the real problem with less frustration now that the \r
>shows up in the error message.
>But still, I can't help wonder if this email exchange was worth a *sip* or
If you have to ask, I'd say it's best to err on the side of sipping.\r