This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Installing Cron on Windows 2003 Server...
- From: One Angry User <angry at lusers dot org>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:11:39 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Installing Cron on Windows 2003 Server...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <01ca01c767b4$bd346410$2e08a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM> <email@example.com> <20070316170010.GA30058@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <020301c767ed$2c10d840$2e08a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070316175453.GB781@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: Blaaab Babble Boogle Bop <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On a snowy Friday, the 16th day of March, 2007, Christopher Faylor's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 12:33:02PM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >Dave Korn wrote:
> >>On 16 March 2007 17:00, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >>>On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 09:50:36AM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >>>>Dave Korn wrote:
> >>>>>Ctrl+D is a better way to close the file actually. If you mean EOF,
> >>>>>why not *say* EOF? :-)
> >>>>...because CTRL-D doesn't work on all platforms, and I was too lazy to
> >>>>check if it did on Cygwin. :-)
> >>>Wow, now *that's* lazy... :-)
> >>What confuses me is how you can be 'too lazy' to check if Ctrl-D works,
> >>but apparently checking if Ctrl-C works is much much easier....
> >I haven't run into a platform where CTRL-C doesn't work. Therefore
> >saying "ctrl-C" required no effort on my part. "none" < "some". :-)
> >>Well, that plus the "Ctrl-d doesn't work on all platforms" bit. Are we
> >>still talking posix here or no?
> >Well, now that you made me go look, I can't find the platform that
> >doesn't like ctrl-D... but I know I've had problems in the past.
> >Maybe it was NSK. ;-)
> Please don't try to defend yourself. We've discovered a serious
> infraction here and now have to decide on your punishment. You can't
> retreat from it by quoting facts.
Off with his head!