This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: Smctl Method Returns Failure.
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "Thread TITTTL'd!" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:47:06 -0000
- Subject: RE: Smctl Method Returns Failure.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 12 March 2007 15:25, Igor Peshansky wrote:
> <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTWLL>. Thanks.
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, neo napster wrote:
>> We are making calls to Cygserver methods from our applications, the below
>> call we are doing:
>> semctl (int semid, int semnum, int cmd).
>> but the Cygserver is returning Failure from this method. When we kept
>> debugs in Cygserver we got the following message:
>> -1  = semctl ()
>> Can any one suggest on this..
> As Corinna mentioned, error 22 == EINVAL, which is sometimes rendered as
> "Bad system call". For more details, see
Say, as long as you and "seema r j" are both having trouble with CygIPC, and
since you are both sitting at the same computer (22.214.171.124), why don't
you try and lend each other a hand?
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....