This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
give up on one losing battle?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:13:37 -0500
- Subject: give up on one losing battle?
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Is it time to admit defeat and stop telling people not to quote raw
email addresses over in the cygwin list?
It was a good fight but I think we really lost the battle. It just
takes one person forgetting to seed a spammer and since the cygwin
lists are among the few who ask people not to do this, it is easy
for people to forget.
Otherwise, the suggestion of coming up with a page which talks about
how to configure clients not to do this is a good one, I think. Anyone
want to volunteer to create such a page? I think I'd probably end up
putting it at the http://sourceware.org hierarchy as part of some general
information for the site.