This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: cygwin DNS not resolving...?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:07:01 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin DNS not resolving...?
- References: <20061229171111.GA20799@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <003a01c72b7e$971b9770$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 07:21:50PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 29 December 2006 17:11, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>...why then, send some email to cygwin@... to report it!
>Well, just because the A record is gone doesn't *necessarily* mean the
>MX record isn't there too. And since the MX points to sourceware.org
>by name, and since that name /was/ resolving to an A record at the
>time, I think Barry may have been being subtler than you reckon.
I actually considered that before sending my message but this is the
cygwin list we're talking about. I sincerely doubt that any of the
people who sent email to report problems with the domain even considered
anything so subtle.