This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: Excessive thrashing when popen()ing after a large malloc()
- From: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>
- To: "'The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:34:18 -0600
- Subject: RE: Excessive thrashing when popen()ing after a large malloc()
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
> From: Eric Blake
> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 9:41 PM
> Subject: Re: Excessive thrashing when popen()ing after a
> large malloc()
> According to Christopher Faylor on 11/15/2006 9:51 AM:
> > Fully implementing posix_spawn is quite a bit of work
> although I did
> > tell Linus Torvalds that I'd look into implementing it in Cygwin
> > eventually (it would make git-on-cygwin faster).
> Wow - Linus actually cares about what happens on cygwin?
Um, Eric... That's called that "name dropping".
Gary R. Van Sickle