This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Microsoft acquired SysInternals?
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 12:35:25 -0800
- Subject: Re: Microsoft acquired SysInternals?
- References: <00fd01c70341$4217ebd0$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Dave Korn wrote:
> And guess what! The scumbags have withdrawn all of sysinternals' source
> codes, using the bogus 'explanation' that it might cause "integration problems
> [...] with other Windows components". MS is acting like the worst cliched
> stereotype of itself. <spit>
> Never forget, however, that your use of the tools remains governed by the
> original sysinternals license, which contained no provisions for transfer or
> assignment[*], and not any new "improved" MS licensing terms...
Yes, this was foreseen to happen when the announcement was made, and
fortunately somebody made a copy of every utility and source code
package on the site on that date:
http://dessent.net/tmp/Sysinternals-all-2006-07-18.rar [13.1 MB]