This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: How do I roll back to make 3.80 ?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 17:30:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: How do I roll back to make 3.80 ?
- References: <Pine.OSF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4548A71F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4548A805.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Wed, Nov 01, 20.06 at 06:58:29AM -0700, Eric Blake wrote:
>According to Bill Hoffman on 11/1/2006 6:54 AM:
>> So, make 3.8.2 should have the patch.
>Please, cgf, whatever you do, DON'T revert all the way back to make
>3.8.x - - that is just way too old for my liking :) Or more generally,
>why do people have the habit of mistyping version numbers when
>composing emails? (although I'm probably guilty of that myself, at
Adding or deleting dots seems to be time-honored version-reporting
tradition in the cygwin lists. There is also the use
some-random-number-that-I-noticed-on-my-screen method which seems to be
Btw, just to add to the POSIX fun, Corinna is thinking about making the
output of readlink() always report a POSIX path. Get ready for the
shrieks of indignation now. You heard it here first.