This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: igncr vs text mode mounts, performance vs compatibility
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "Thread TITTTL'd!" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:37:00 +0100
- Subject: RE: igncr vs text mode mounts, performance vs compatibility
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 25 October 2006 04:30, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> I'm just curious here: *Why* do you (or anybody else) want bash to not
> ignore \r's
Having a "senior moment", Gary? The answer's exactly the same as last time
you posted this question: because of the enormous commercial
possibilities^W^W[*] performance gains obtained by not having to read the
entire file a single byte at a time.
[*] - http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/sheep.htm
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....