This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: igncr vs text mode mounts, performance vs compatibility
- From: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>
- To: "'The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:55:38 -0500
- Subject: RE: igncr vs text mode mounts, performance vs compatibility
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
> From: Brian Dessent
> Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 11:35 AM
> Subject: Re: igncr vs text mode mounts, performance vs compatibility
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > I think I'm going to start a counter.
> I hope you're using 64 bit quadwords for those. Overflow, and all.
64 bits, what do you think this is, the 21st century?!? Nonono, since these
numbers will most certainly have to be transcribed on a teleprinter as
single characters, 5 bits is the absolute limit. And no, no FIGS!
Gary R. Van Sickle