This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: html email
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:08:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: html email
- References: <CEFD7032-DD32-4F1E-8D2F-C706BE73F470@andrew.cmu.edu> <44EF5431.email@example.com> <C33FC55B-5CDC-4FB3-942E-43F7DB5819AC@andrew.cmu.edu> <44F33FDF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060828192539.GB17533@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 03:02:42PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 02:11:27PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
>>>Ethan Tira-Thompson wrote:
>>>>PS First attempt of this email got kicked back because it had a
>>>>text/html mime type alongside the text/plain.
>>>You mean we actually do that? Sweet!
>>Yes, and as you surmised, it is a fairly good intelligence filter.
>>Btw, why move this topic to the cygwin-talk list? As much as I think
>>it's a stupid discussion, it is on-topic for the cygwin list.
>Because, as you pointed out, it is a stupid discussion? My own instinct
>is to move anything that isn't Cygwin to -talk. This is about the list,
>not Cygwin itself. But it was a border area, so if I have anything
>purposeful to say I'll move it back.
Ok. I just think that sometimes points need to be made in the main list
and, because you were agreeing with me, these were obviously good points!
OTOH, if there isn't much more discussion about this subject on the main
cygwin list then your instincts were spot on.