This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: service interact with desktop broken between: 1.5.5 & 1.5.19
- From: One Angry User <angry at lusers dot org>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 16:53:37 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: service interact with desktop broken between: 1.5.5 & 1.5.19
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20060326143235.GW10301@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060326170927.GB20907@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com> <20060326210242.GC20907@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060326214231.GH9448@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: Blaaab Babble Boogle Bop <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On a windy Sunday afternoon, the 26th day of March, 2006, Christopher Faylor's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:
> On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 10:22:21PM +0100, Steven Hartland wrote:
> >From: "Corinna Vinschen"
> >>There's no 1.5.5 version of cygrunsrv. cygrunsrv is using its own
> >>numbering scheme, the latest version now is 1.13. As for the issue,
> >>it's a different handling of the console in case of 1.5.19. This
> >>requires a change as for the point where to allocate the console
> >>window in case of service applications who need to interact with
> >>the desktop.
> >Yes I was talking core cygwin versions sorry. Thanks for the info
> >about what the issue was hopefully the mirrors will catch up some
> >time this year :) If not I'll just rsync the sources like Igor suggested.
> Wonderful. Here we go:
> From: Ed C. Lueless
> Subject: How to: setup.exe/rsync?
> I try to use rsync to install cygrunsrv package but setup.exe won't cygrunsrv
> the package via rsync. I see from newsgroup archives that rsync should package
> correctly. I'm using the latest setup version 1.13.
> HOw to rsync runcygsrv? I NEED this package.
Better yet: "I rsync ssource to my machine. Why cygwin not compile
them for me? I am using CygWin version 2.513".