This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: service interact with desktop broken between: 1.5.5 & 1.5.19
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 16:42:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: service interact with desktop broken between: 1.5.5 & 1.5.19
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20060326143235.GW10301@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060326170927.GB20907@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com> <20060326210242.GC20907@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 10:22:21PM +0100, Steven Hartland wrote:
>From: "Corinna Vinschen"
>>There's no 1.5.5 version of cygrunsrv. cygrunsrv is using its own
>>numbering scheme, the latest version now is 1.13. As for the issue,
>>it's a different handling of the console in case of 1.5.19. This
>>requires a change as for the point where to allocate the console
>>window in case of service applications who need to interact with
>Yes I was talking core cygwin versions sorry. Thanks for the info
>about what the issue was hopefully the mirrors will catch up some
>time this year :) If not I'll just rsync the sources like Igor suggested.
Wonderful. Here we go:
From: Ed C. Lueless
Subject: How to: setup.exe/rsync?
I try to use rsync to install cygrunsrv package but setup.exe won't cygrunsrv
the package via rsync. I see from newsgroup archives that rsync should package
correctly. I'm using the latest setup version 1.13.
HOw to rsync runcygsrv? I NEED this package.