This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'The Cygwin Talk Blarneying List'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:22:08 -0000
- Subject: Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Top o' the mornin' to ye!
Yes, for all our Irish readers I'd like to wish a very happy St. Pat's
For anyone not familiar with their history books, St. Patrick is the patron
saint of Ireland, famed for having freed the country from a plague of snakes.
But he's not just a peripatetic reptile exterminator; he was also the first
man to bring Christianity to Ireland.
Thus leading directly to centuries of murder, bloodshed and internecine
... Say, just exactly why /do/ we celebrate this every year?
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....