This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
- From: ericblake at comcast dot net (Eric Blake)
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>, cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Cc: "GATZKE, EDWARD P" <GATZKE at engr dot sc dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:14:54 +0000
- Subject: Re: LyX
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
> I would love to see LyX in the default cygwin install, but it is not available
> by defaul apparently.
I would love to see Foo in the default cygwin install, but the upstream
maintainers have not made it available by defaul apparently:
> Sadly, I don't have the expertise to put together a package
> LyX uses tex, ghostscript, and a variety of image manipulation tools. This
> would be a great test for the various tools and the environment.
Are you sure it doesn't also depend on hippos?
> I have managed to get LyX running on cygwin before, but it is quite a pain to do
> so, and it never worked 100%
So you're saying LyX is lazy? I'd love a job where I never had
to work 100%.
> Ed Gatzke
By the way, this is a non-technical list. Reread
http://cygwin.com/lists.html, and look at the description
of the primary cygwin list, and compare it to the
description of this cygwin-talk list.