This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: cygwin service not starting
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:33:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin service not starting
- References: <43CE6043.EB83AEE1@dessent.net> <SERRANOTM9wGmAf0Mjk000001b7@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 03:48:18PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>Brian Dessent wrote:
>> "mshrak (sent by Nabble.com)" wrote:
>>> View this message in context:
>>> Sent from the cygwin-talk forum at Nabble.com.
>> This is crap. This garbage already litters the gcc lists, and now it's
> Although to give them their due, they responded adequately to the problem on
>the gcc list by editing their group description to make it clear that it was
>an ultra-technical list and not for use by nueless clewbies.
> And it's damn easy to filter on 'nabble' and you wouldn't expect to get many
I could actually block them entirely. I'm not really thrilled that someone has
set up a forum which makes it easy to send email here without making it clear
what kind of email to send. They do refer to lists.html but what died-in-the-wool
cygwin user is going to stop and click on a link when they are burning to ask
a question about, cron, ssh, or "cygwin service"?