This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
- From: Carlo Florendo <list-subscriber at hq dot astra dot ph>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:15:18 +0800
- Subject: password expiration
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Since this is not related to cygwin, I want to try my luck here at the
In UNIX/Linux, the 5th field for each entry for the shadow password file
has a field that indicates the number of days before a password *must*
Does this mean that if I set the entry to 1 (one), will I have to change
the password every time before 1 day elapses? Or, does it mean that I
have to change it for the first time?
Astra Philippines Inc.