This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Cygwin: Provide more COM devices
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 20:10:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Cygwin: Provide more COM devices
- References: <87mudvwnrl.fsf@Rainer.invalid> <20191021081844.GH16240@calimero.vinschen.de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
> That's not the right way to patch this. devices.cc gets generated from
> devices.in by the gendevices script which in turn calls shilka from the
> cocom package.
Now that you mention it I remember… :-(
> Apart from the struct members you added here, it will
> also add some code. Which, unfortunately, raise the size of devices.cc,
> especially troubling the 32 bit version.
So how about we only do this on 64bit as an added bonus for folks who
"get it"? One particular machine I've recently worked on presented me
with COM144 to connect to, but I consider this to be an anomaly. But
COM port numbers in the 70…80 range are pretty common on some of the
more heavily used development machines.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptation for Waldorf rackAttack V1.04R1: