This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH v3 0/1] Cygwin: pty: Fix the behaviour of Ctrl-C in the pseudo console mode.
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: "cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com" <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 17:59:02 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/1] Cygwin: pty: Fix the behaviour of Ctrl-C in the pseudo console mode.
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=cornell.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=cornell.edu; dkim=pass header.d=cornell.edu; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=MFAyHDL/l7MKdE2pAOKMM/XiN8JM3bESw5XvIE5W5oU=; b=LMf3S6ef5NPgLIMTJNtFEhdZxgRPDn/Yg1xRDkCabn2w/7ydjIulkxkRJcTueWwWJSggO53xD4+trCEoP+S9oSigFaAeeHGKIeTYQ2jOELK7N3SoFXhv2S8p9JkxDhE49r5h4umw18Eh4IekZIS3TMjte2TY+vKl/i+O15Aj4nwJk9/iagwz0C0P0EqflUTmFi1HrsdcKzJbM6/X+1kn04f7pyMC4FoD2wm/js4Z7IpRJkFEBj6DDs+16oH1DbZm7yzyV1I+Ldqq2frgXMiJkMEWoA9xJnrDb4xn5upg0WzqNO5AAgJjCk6ijEXLMqGZilttKvfUs0vSY1IQZzPR2g==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=GlkAdOxdwcU89uukCUz3UQnUR7Xhc3/AsSAHNye+y7QiVPPr1PmPFGjz2R6/r4ZqjwAC+BVqBnAxvDpBC8B7rjaW2uGcCnOLD86/bhysBDTSRITboYUwkzdkK0etJqKKz4RQuhIfGPW9TyWy/bGlQPV7k5R8kTnxCCGcm+51aQ5BP06gFkkjh76IhRPygiKYtuZiXX6JZS7vGzTvpIUj5Yuc+tQUlMNrIpsTAS+YlGFoy7GQDq3lNEp07+GU8KJpdbNzgb18yZzD2yv7AgteDemD0cQdQFxzgXw6hCXueABo5FzKp1NZMWr6qLdHxFkmnx0ZQq0D1l99AROQrYSUag==
- References: <email@example.com>
On 9/6/2019 10:51 AM, Takashi Yano wrote:
> - When the I/O pipe is switched to the pseudo console side, the
> behaviour of Ctrl-C is unstable. This rarely happens, however,
> for example, shell sometimes crashes by Ctrl-C in that situation.
> This patch fixes that issue.
> Fix mistake in v2.
> Remove the code which accidentally clears ENABLE_ECHO_INPUT flag.
> Takashi Yano (1):
> Cygwin: pty: Fix the behaviour of Ctrl-C in the pseudo console mode.
> winsup/cygwin/fhandler.h | 4 +-
> winsup/cygwin/fhandler_tty.cc | 33 +++++----
> winsup/cygwin/select.cc | 2 +-
> winsup/cygwin/spawn.cc | 128 +++++++++++++++++-----------------
> 4 files changed, 89 insertions(+), 78 deletions(-)
I had several problems after applying this patch.
1. I noticed some display glitches when building cygwin (with -j13 if that's
relevant). For example, there were some unexpected blank lines and indented lines.
2. At one point the build wouldn't complete at all. It hung and had to be
killed with Ctrl-C.
3. I used ssh from my normal account to log into an administrator account. I
ran a script that produced a lot of output and piped it to less. I pressed 'q'
after the first screen was displayed, and the displayed text didn't get cleared.
P.S. I'm leaving tomorrow for a short vacation, so I might not have time to
review any more patches until I return in about a week.