This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[PATCH 0/2] silent fork retry with shm (broke emacs-X11)
- From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael dot haubenwallner at ssi-schaefer dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Cc: michael dot haubenwallner at ssi-schaefer dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 17:22:54 +0200
- Subject: [PATCH 0/2] silent fork retry with shm (broke emacs-X11)
following up https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2019-q2/msg00155.html
It turns out that fixup_shms_after_fork does require the child pinfo to
be "remember"ed, while the fork retry to be silent on failure requires
the child to not be "attach"ed yet.
As current pinfo.remember performs both "remember" and "attach" at once,
the first patch does introduce pinfo.remember_without_attach, to not
change current behaviour of pinfo.remember and keep patches small.
However, my first thought was to clean up pinfo API a little and have
remember not do both "remember+attach" at once, but introduce some new
remember_and_attach method instead. But then, when 'bool detach' is
true, the "_and_attach" does feel wrong.