This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [rebase PATCH] Introduce --no-rebase flag
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 11:39:15 -0600
- Subject: Re: [rebase PATCH] Introduce --no-rebase flag
- References: <email@example.com> <87bm1axsls.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2019-04-13 01:38, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Michael Haubenwallner writes:
>> The --no-rebase flag is to update the database for new files, without
>> performing a rebase. The file names provided should have been rebased
>> using the --oblivious flag just before.
> That name is somewhat strange, how about "--enlist"?
Option enlist is strange in English - it means enrol as a private in the army -
not seeing a relevant meaning!
Synonyms are call up, draft, employ, engage, enrol, enter, get, hire, induct,
join, levy, mobilize, muster, obtain, press, procure, rally, recruit, secure,
sign on, sign up, take on, volunteer, win over; antonyms are discharge, leave,
spurn (from OED site).
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains
too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.