This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[PATCH] Expand $CYGWIN error_start processing
- From: Ray Donnelly <mingw dot android at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Ray Donnelly <mingw dot android at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 00:25:40 +0000
- Subject: [PATCH] Expand $CYGWIN error_start processing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I want to use QtCreator as my debugger but the hardcoded
nature of error_start makes that impossible.
This change allows a formatted commandline to be used where
'|' is used to represent spaces and <program-name> and
<process-id> are special tokens.
In my case, I set my CYGWIN env. var to
.. note, QtCreator doesn't work if passed the program name
and must be invoked with the -debug option.
Ray Donnelly (1):
* winsup/cygwin/exceptions.cc: Expand $CYGWIN error_start
processing so that custom commandlines can be passed to
the debugger program using '|' as an argument delimiter
and <program-name> and <process-id> as special tokens.
winsup/cygwin/exceptions.cc | 50 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
1 file changed, 46 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)