This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Patch to optionally disable overlapped pipes
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 13:18:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: Patch to optionally disable overlapped pipes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <037b01cf00fc$11014c10$3303e430$ at motionview3d dot com> <20131225041237 dot GA6930 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <07dc01cf0c9b$93dea560$bb9bf020$ at motionview3d dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 06:00:54PM -0000, James Johnston wrote:
>The function I modified is fhandler_pipe::create(fhandler_pipe**, unsigned,
>int). This function is a thin wrapper around a more specific
>fhandler_pipe::create(LPSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, PHANDLE, PHANDLE, DWORD, const
>char*, DWORD open_mode) with default values for some of the parameters for
>that more specific function, and it passes FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED by default.
>My change involved optionally removing FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED from the
>Critically, my change does NOT affect any code that uses the
>fhandler_pipe::create overload that takes 6 parameters.
I'm the author of the code and I'm familiar with the implications of what
you did. You modified the way pipes are commonly created. I'm not
comfortable supporting code which has that option.