This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Reattach trailing dirsep on existing directories too.
- From: Ray Donnelly <mingw dot android at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 18:15:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Reattach trailing dirsep on existing directories too.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOYw7duMgGSfpxa4OtOPRhY5Mw6q=__shhJxELZ53Ez9_WETRQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140107151249 dot GI2440 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Dec 22 01:03, Ray Donnelly wrote:
>> I hope this is OK and I've done it in the best place. Please advise if
>> it needs any changes.
> I have no idea if this is ok. This is a patch to a very crucial
> function in terms of path handling, and it's not clear that this isn't
> doing the wrong thing. What is this patch trying to accomplish? Do you
> have example user space code which is failing for this very reason?
The exact issue was that paths that do not exist would maintain their
final dirsep whereas paths that do exist would lose this dirsep:
test.exe /c/doesnt-exist/ /c/does-exist/
test.exe would see:
These paths were passed to GCC as search paths and while I could've
hacked up the GCC code to detect and correct this anomaly, but I think
this patch fixes the problem at cause.