This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fix off-by-one in dup2
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:06:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: fix off-by-one in dup2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52437121 dot 1070507 at redhat dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 05:26:25PM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
>Solves the segfault here: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-09/msg00397.html
>but does not address the fact that we are still screwy with regards to
Corinna reminded me about this.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I was investigating if setdtablesize
should set an errno on error but it is difficult to say if it should
since it seems not to be a POSIX or Linux. So, I guess we can just say
that it should set EINVAL. Would you mind making that minor change and
checking this in?