This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: UTF-8 Cygwin
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 01:59:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: UTF-8 Cygwin
- References: <44A0C650.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 02:46:56PM +0900, SUZUKI Hisao wrote:
># I should have posted this message to this list from the first.
>I made a patch to cygwin1.dll to support UTF-8.
>It allows you to use all of characters and file (or path) names
>allowed in Windows, while keeping binary-compatibility with the
>current Cygwin. It is fairly perfect except for lack of locale
>support etc. So it may remind you of the good old BeOS. See:
Yes, we heard.
The contribution guidelines are here:
We'd appreciate if you could give them a look and use them as the basis
for your contribution. The first step is that you'll need to fill out
an assignment form.