This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Using newer autoconf in src/winsup directory
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 17:18:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: Using newer autoconf in src/winsup directory
- References: <200605042047.NAA19831@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 01:47:25PM -0700, Steve Ellcey wrote:
>I have been working to move the src tree at soureware.org to a newer
>version of autoconf. The reason for this is so that we can, in turn,
>move to a newer version of libtool. Would it be possible to rebuild the
>configure scripts in src/winsup with a recent version of autoconf, like
>autoconf 2.59? Most parts of the src tree have already moved to this
I tried to rebuild the top-level configure.in with autoconf 2.59 but
there were a few complaints. If you have patches to deal with the
problems updating to a newer version, they would be appreciated.
Otherwise, I'll probably wait for someone who knows more about autoconf
to offer changes.