This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Patch] cygcheck: eprintf + display_error: Do /something/.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches mailing-list <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:02:05 -0500
- Subject: Re: [Patch] cygcheck: eprintf + display_error: Do /something/.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 02:04:40AM +0100, Buzz wrote:
>Here is another attempt at making eprintf a usable/used function in
>cygcheck. It this time just flushes stdout and stderr before/after
>output on stderr, when both (stdout and stderr) are ttys.
>2004-12-16 Bas van Gompel <email@example.com>
> * cygcheck.cc (eprintf): Flush stdout before, and stderr after output,
> when stdout and stderr both refer to tty's.
> (display_error): Use eprintf.
I'm still not sure what you're hoping to accomplish with this. I haven't
seen any problems with flushing in cygcheck and I wouldn't expect any
since the flushing should be automatic if stdout is a "tty".