This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Patch to allow trailing dots on managed mounts
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:00:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: Patch to allow trailing dots on managed mounts
- References: <41C1A1F4.CD3CC833@phumblet.no-ip.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 09:55:48AM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>Here is an untested patch.
>I hope Mark can test it (on managed and unmanaged mounts,
>including basenames consisting entirely of dots and spaces)
>and possibly make adjustments, without having to file the
> * path.cc (path_conv::check): Do not strip trailing dots and spaces.
> * fhandler.cc (fhandler_base::open): Strip trailing dots and spaces.
Is it correct to assume that only fhandler_base::open cares about