This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Patch] Loading the registry hive on Win9x
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:59:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Loading the registry hive on Win9x
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 09:21:36PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>This patch is the first of two to also load the registry hive on
>Win9x during seteuid, and to apply the method recommended in
>MS KB 199190 to avoid using HKCU.
>This will yield the correct user mounts under ssh, telnet, etc...
>Using the new method cygheap_user::get_windows_id() also streamlines
>some aspects of Cygwin, e.g. in shared.cc below and more tomorrow.
Ok. Please check in.