This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: More pipe problems (was Re: [Fwd: 1.5.11-1: sftp performance problem])
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:40:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: More pipe problems (was Re: [Fwd: 1.5.11-1: sftp performance problem])
- References: <20040923123136.GG12802@cygbert.vinschen.de> <20040923162828.CA385E4F9@wildcard.curl.com> <20040923165641.GI12802@cygbert.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Sep 23 18:56, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Sep 23 12:28, Bob Byrnes wrote:
> > OutboundQuota is just the size of the pipe. How do we know that the
> > cygwin ssh didn't really inherit a huge pipe from the win32-native
> > unison?
> We don't unless checking the the source code or the strace, I guess.
> > The real trouble here seems to be that WriteQuotaAvailable is so low,
> > which (if that is to be believed) indicates the pipe has almost filled.
> > This seems similar to the sftp problem, which I am still investigating;
> > I haven't made much progress during the past week because I've been
> > busy with other things at work, but I have learned a few new things
> > and I'll try to send another report as soon as I can construct a
> > coherent explanation.
> Cool with me. As I noted, I didn't care for debugging this issue so
> far so I also might be off-track. But at least my debugging pointed
> out where something goes wrong so I hope it was useful nevertheless.
Bob? Any news on this? If we don't have a solution soon we should at
least disable the code and revert to the old behaviour in the meantime,
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.