This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: security.cc and sec_acl.cc (ntsec, inheritance and sec_acl)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:43:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: security.cc and sec_acl.cc (ntsec, inheritance and sec_acl)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20021210112403.B7796@cygbert.vinschen.de> <3DFDF1C4.575D6360@ieee.org>
On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 10:31:16AM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> I have a question: there is code in setacl (new line 139) to merge non-default
> ACE's with previous default ACEs.
> As the acl was sorted, I don't see how that code can ever be exercised.
> Should we try to merge default ACEs with non-default ones? I am not sure it's
> worth it.
the answer is "yes".
The incoming acls are Sun acls. They could look like this:
That is a sorted acl, right? When converting this into a Windows ACL
I'd like to see this as just one ACL, having the correct permissions
*plus* the inheritance attribute. I don't see how that's incorrect?!?