This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: select on serial fix
- From: Nicholas Wourms <nwourms at netscape dot net>
- To: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:05:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: select on serial fix
- References: <3DD559FE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Charles Wilson wrote:
Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> If you're feeling motivated, mkfifo() still needs implimenting ;-).
IIRC, fifo operation needs the cygwin daemon. No sense in implementing
mkfifo() if the fifo itself doesn't work. Whatever happened to the
daemon work? conrad, oh con-rad...
As cgf asked on 11/4: "Status of cygserver?"
and on 11/5: "Anyone interested in checking out dgram socket problem
(Conrad you still here?)"
Sadly, the first message elicited no replies; Thomas Pfaff picked up the
second one -- but his solution didn't involve the cygserver code.
It seems that Conrad's last messages on any cygwin list were these:
"Re: cygwin_daemon merge"
"cygserver usage questions"
and the astoundingly beautiful
"Re: So now you're a BigShot now? (clarification re. "MinGW Glib")
Looks like Conrad disappeared circa 9/30/02. Nobody told me to expect
company on my vacation; I haven't seem him around these parts...
So I guess this means you're back?