This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Make ip.h and tcp.h work under -fnative-struct or -fms-bitfields
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:16:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: Make ip.h and tcp.h work under -fnative-struct or -fms-bitfields
- References: <3DCF707D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 04:55:25PM +0800, Wu Yongwei wrote:
>What's the status of this patch?
>2002-10-28 Wu Yongwei <email@example.com>
> * ip.h (struct ip): Use u_char to indicate bitfields to make it
> work with -fnative-struct/-fms-bitfields.
> (struct ip_timestamp): Ditto.
> * tcp.h (struct tcphdr): Ditto.
>Am I really going the wrong way (any examples)? Or should I submit a new
>patch as Danny suggests?
Danny's suggestion is correct. The rest of the header files which accomodate
this are probably using __attribute__((packed)) . The argument that the header
works ok for you on MSVC is a non-issue for cygwin.