This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: More changes about open on Win95 directories.
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- To: Chris January <chris at atomice dot net>
- Cc: "Cygwin-Patches at Cygwin dot Com" <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:47:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: More changes about open on Win95 directories.
- References: <LPEHIHGCJOAIPFLADJAHEECDCNAA.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
Chris January wrote:
> > > Is '!' invalid? It can easily be confused with '|'.
> > Maybe ':' ?
> > > I am bothered that the code uses 0 as an illegal
> > > handle value. Is that really the case?
> > No.
> > /usr/include/w32api/winbase.h:232:#define INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE
> > (HANDLE)(-1)
> It's not quite as simple as that...
> Although CreateFile will return INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE when an error occurs,
> other Win32 functions will return NULL instead. The only way to tell is to
> read the SDK docs.
So, it's the standard consistency of inconsistency. :)
- I seem to at times have CRS (Cranial Retention Syndrome)
- me -