This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: pthread_testcancel() causes SEGV
- From: Thomas Pfaff <tpfaff at gmx dot net>
- To: Robert Collins <rbcollins at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>, <cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com>, <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:07:14 +0200 (Westeuropäische Sommerzeit)
- Subject: Re: pthread_testcancel() causes SEGV
On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 04:54, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > Thomas,
> > On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 09:34:14AM +0200, Thomas Pfaff wrote:
> > > Thanks for tracking it down.
> > No problem. Thanks for the quick turn around on the patch. I tested it
> > and can confirm that it fixes the ipc-daemon service startup problem.
> sorry for the *cough* long delay.
> the attached patch is the 'right way' to deal with this issue IMO. It
> also gives us full pthread* support for threads created using the win32
> CreateThread call (although I won't officially support that at this
> point :}).
you may have noticed that i have added similar code in my pending pthread
Anyway, since you return a NULL pointer in pthread_self if something went
wrong i vote for inclusion of my original patch regardless which patch
will be applied for pthread_self.