This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: very small passwd patch
- From: Joshua Daniel Franklin <joshua at iocc dot com>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 11:09:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: very small passwd patch
- Reply-to: Joshua Daniel Franklin <joshuadfranklin at yahoo dot com>
--- Corinna Vinschen <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 08:28:07AM -0500, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
> > I thought there was some mention of this already, but I guess
> > not. This adds a note about passwd not working with Win9x/ME.
> Good idea but it doesn't help. Since passwd is linked statically
> against a symbol only available in NT, a 9x/Me user will never see
> this help. The system dialog will always win the race.
True, but it would at least help with people who use NT on another machine
diagnose the problem. Right now it's completely hidden.
Also the --help notes are eventually folded into the User's Guide.