This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: qt patch for winnt.h
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- To: Ralf Habacker <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- Cc: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 23:46:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: qt patch for winnt.h
- References: <016901c2347c$b19f2060$cd6007d5@BRAMSCHE>
- Reply-to: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
Ralf Habacker wrote:
> The problem with the current implemantation is, that there is no way to hide the
> HANDLE definition and I can't see why an implementation in the following manner
The problem is your problem, not mine or Danny's. You need to not
define HANDLE if _WIN32 or __CYGWIN__ is defined.
> #ifndef DONT_DEFINE_HANDLE
> typedef void * HANDLE
> makes such big problems as Danny stated.
> It is compatible to the current header, but pave the way for an official qt/x11
> release (or do you expect that trolltech would change their definitions of the
> x11 HANDLE type only based on the fact that this is a precedent ?)
You'll have to fix qt/x11 to live within W32API not the other way round.